Introduction to Media: Media consumption audit

 Newspapers
  • Which daily newspapers (if any) do you read?
  • I don't read newspapers
  • What sections of newspapers do you turn to first, and why?
  • If i read them i wold turn to the football section
  • What sections do you never read, and why?
  • The fashion stuff or statistics
  • What kinds of stories do you usually read and why?
  • Football transfers
  • Do you, or someone else, buy the newspaper you read?
  • No
  • Do you look at the online versions of any newspapers? Which newspapers? Why do you visit their website and not others?
  • I don't really read newspapers as I get most of my news on social media through apps like tiktok

Television

  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend watching television?
  • 4-5 hours
  • What device do you use to watch television?
  • phone, computer or tv
  • What times of day do you usually watch television?
  • mainly after dinner so around 7 or 8pm
  • What programmes do you like best and why?
  • Dexter as the characters are interesting and it's very suspenseful.
  • Do you watch alone or with others? If you watch with others, who decides what you will watch?
  • Alone as my parents don't enjoy the same shows as I do
  • Do you watch 'live' TV or on-demand/catch-up? Do you use any other devices to watch TV (such as laptop or tablet?)
  • I use streaming services such as netlfix, disney plus, HBO max, prime video or paramount plus.

Radio
  • Do you listen to the radio?
  • Sometimes when I'm in the car
  • If yes, what stations do you like best and why?
  • I like talk radios that talk about football
  • Do you listen to podcasts?
  • Sometimes if it's about football
  • If yes, what podcasts have you listened to recently?
  • BBC sports
  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend listening to podcasts or radio?
  • No longer than 20 minutes
  • What times of the day do you usually listen to podcasts or radio?
  • Depends when I'm in the car
  • Where do you listen to podcast or radio?
  • Radio
  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst listening?
  • Scroll on my phone or just listen
  • Does anyone else in your house listen to the radio or podcasts? If so, when do they listen?
  • Whoevers driving

Film
  • What films have you seen in the cinema in the last month?
  • I've seen in the last month, odessey, and spider man brand new day, this month I'm going to see avengers endgame encore.
  • What films have you seen in other places – for example, through Netflix, Amazon Prime, satellite/cable film channels (free or otherwise) or streaming?
I watch films in the cinema, and through streaming devices e.g. netflix, or paramount.

  • Who else watched the films with you?
  • My mum and cousin watched spider man with me  and I went to odeon with my friend to watch the odessey

  • Who decided what films to watch?
    • Me
  • What devices do you typically use to watch films: TV, laptop, tablet, phone etc.?
  • Either my tv or laptop

Online
  • How often do you access the internet?
  • All the time
  • Where do you access the internet? At home, at school, commuting etc.
  • Whichever place has internet
  • What are the main sites that you access?
  • Social media sites such as tiktok and snapchat, or my playstation
  • What are the main reasons for accessing these sites – for example, for information, to make purchases, communicate with friends or for entertainment?
  • To watch videos or to talk to friends
  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst accessing the internet?
  • Watch movies/ tv shows, and play games on my playstation such as fifa
  • What different devices do you use to access the internet? What is your primary device for accessing the internet?
  • My phone, computer, tv and playstation
  • What social networks do you use regularly (e.g. Twitter, Instagram)? Why do you belong to these networks in particular?

Twitter and tiktok, I use them mainly for entertainment


Final section: reflection
  • How can you develop the amount and variety of media you consume?
  • Spend less time consuming the things I see on social media and find other forms of media like the news
  • What will you change in your media consumption habits this year as a result of studying A Level Media?
  • Spend less time on social media apps like TikTok and spend time on media that can teach me something like tv shows or the news.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film & TV Language: Film poster analysis